[Gpdd] MISC.: shedding

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Wed May 11 20:10:56 EDT 2005

Patricia,

     I am very much a non-expert, especially since I have only one piggy, but Bud sheds quite a bit all year round. I don't really know what normal is but I have to have a towel on my lap when I hold him because he sheds whenever I hold and pet him. His coat never seems to get thinner and he's sleek and shiny but he does shed! Brushing him doesn't seem to make the shedding more or less than just petting him. Although he's a smooth-coated piggy, he's not a short-hair. His hairs are between 1-1/2 to 2 inches long so maybe it seems like a lot of hair because it's longish. I hope you can get some other opinions on shedding; I will be reading them with interest.

Carla and Hairy Bud