[Gpdd] Care: CPR classes

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 12 23:58:53 EDT 2005

Why not get a vet to teach gp CPR? When I was in a vet's office in
Tulsa recently (they made a donation to our cavy show), the ladies
were telling how the doctor really goes to great lengths for his little
patients, and sometimes they will see him come rushing down the
hall, patient in hand, doing CPR while he heads for their 'emergency
treatment room'. Just like in the big hospitals, they all stand back
out of the way, then follow to help (ala Code Blue).
The doctor did this with Hotshot, too; I was glad to see he was
not only willing to try this hard, but it was automatic. Seems to me
these sort of people are the ones who would be the best teachers.
Maybe in coordination with Red Cross.
Tex, do you have any thoughts on this?
Susi and the OP's