[Gpdd] [CARE] cleaning ears?

Robert and Patricia Oglesby rpngso at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 14 16:45:00 EDT 2005

Howdy Piggies and Slaves!

I've been reading whatever I find about piggies and haven't seen a lot about ear.  Or at least, I don't remember seeing a lot about ears.  Maybe I just skipped over it or something.  Anyhow, I was looking closely at Harry's ears today (hadn't really done that before...) and they are crusty and gunky inside.  Is there something special I should know about cleaning his ears?  I'm thinking a q-tip dipped in oil and gently swab them out?  Or should I leave them alone? They don't look like earmites - at least, they don't look like what the cat's ears looked like when they've had ear mites.  They look like old, crusty, piggy ears!

Thanks!

Patricia
Harry, Velvet and Midnight