[Gpdd] (Behavior) Nervous Pig

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 17:07:12 EDT 2005

Hey digesters--
One of my sows, Serendipity, has become very nervous
and jumpy lately. If I make any kind of move at all,
she runs frantically around the pen. I am very worried
about this, as she used to be the most sweet and
mellow little girl. Serendipity is housed with 3 other
girls, one of which tends to be a bit of a bully when
she's in heat, but they otherwise get along pretty
well. Has anyone else experienced this change in
behavior? As many of you know, I do have 10 pigs, so I
can't spend as much time with Sera as I used to. She
has not been dropped or experienced any other trauma
that I know of; the only thing I can think of is maybe
she's been scared by maintenance people coming into
the apartment or something.
If anyone has any advice/personal experience with
this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Stacy and the Squee Squad