[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Hair eating

Jntsjanet3 at aol.com Jntsjanet3 at aol.com
Sat May 14 19:13:36 EDT 2005

  Hi everyone,

Just a quick question about hair eating with guinea pigs.  My three oldest
girls love to chew on my hair when I am holding them:  Butterscotch, Cassandra
and Philena.  Is this normal?  I have no problem with it.  It is just one way
of getting out of going to the hairdressers for a hair cut.  Just kidding of
course.  They especially love it after I take a shower and it has the shampoo
and hair gel on it.  Cassandra especially can't get enough of it.  Any insight
to this?

Thanks alot, Janet and co
                   Butterscotch, Cassandra, Philena, Katrina, Julia and
Jasmine