[Gpdd] Misc: lots of replies

Alanna Brock alannalanglois at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 14 23:35:25 EDT 2005

Hello all piggies and people!

First an update on the "famous" Zippy. After her exciting sleep over at the vet's last week, she came home and we started antibiotics- Zippy did not think this was very fun. She lost her appetite and I was very worried about her, she hardly ate anything, but drank a lot of water - she wouldn't eat a carrot! So at our recheck on Fri the vet weighed her and she had lost some weight and so I was given a packet of critical care (vet said if I freeze it it will last forever) and a syringe. Here's the best part, after one feeding of critical care Zippy started eating her timothy hay, and today she was eating some kibbles with critical care sprinkled on top -- so it seems as though we are on the road to recovery. Even my husband said that Zip has her Zip back :)

And next week our vet is speaking at a vet seminar about bladder issues in piggies- and the video from Zippy's endoscopy is in her presentation - so Zippy really will be famous! PS- I saw the video and my poor little piggie must have been in such pain :(

Now I have some replies -

Virtual Pignic- now that Zippy is feeling better she wants to make sure she has a spot in the RV -- she has even offered to bring along her tent in case anyone wants to flop during the pignic.

Mites in hay- We had them! It was so gross! I buy the small bags of timothy as Zippy is an only piggy, and there is a low window near where the hay is stored, one day I looked at the window sill and there TONS of gross little bugs on it. Had been reading the gpdd and decided to freeze the hay - no more mites! Alsp sprayed the carpet, Zippy's tent, and the furniture with a tea tree oil, it kills most bugs.

BRYN! - Zippy loves her pig treats! She was so excited get a package, she popcorned all over :) I'm going to put pigtures of her opening her package on her website http://www.happy-piggy.blinkz.com/

Ann- do not worry about the piggies in Peru, I'm sure most of the yummy things they eat have not been sprayed with nasty herbicides :)

Pet of the Day- where is this webstie? Zippy wants to check it out.

Hope I ddin't bore everypiggy ;)

Alanna and Zippy

Alanna Langlois
Senior Beauty Consultant