[Gpdd] Misc: Prayers for Colleen & Sam

Cecelia furman ceceliafurman at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 20:08:46 EDT 2005

Colleen and Sam,

It is heartbreaking to be on the edge, trying to decide whether to help a
dear little pal over the bridge or to wait-in case, for a miracle.  I have
been thru the loss of three piggies (and countless dogs and cats). It never
gets easier.  Each time a pig has been sick, I have nursed them and agonized
over whether I should force syringe fluids and feedings or to stop and  make
the trip to the vet to end it all. I never feel like I've made the right
choice.  I guess that's because the choice  isn't ours- not really. We can
only "let our conscience guide us "  and do our best.  Our little piggie
pals have such short lifespans that we generally have to face their end
before our own.  Take whatever comfort you can in knowing that your being
here means  that your little friend has yourgentle touch, your soft voice,
and all your love to the end, and then beyond. Whether or not you believe
that "life is eternal", love most certainly is immortal, and your little pig
is lucky because he has yours. As sad as this time is, when it is over your
life will have been enriched by the relationship the two of you shared.

And then, when you are ready, you can give your love again, to some new
little pig, perhaps  a  little soul who desparately needs a home with  you.
I console myslelf with the words of the song that say " every new beginning
is some other new beginning's end."  And when a litlle one leaves, they can
never be replaced but  I try to honor them by finding another who is needy
(sadly, there are so many).  That way it feels as if some good comes  from
the loss.
So meanwhile, take heart, take care, and know we feel for you,
Celia and Sonic, and our new Porgie, who came to us when Goose made room for
him.