[Gpdd] CARE: grass, sort of

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Mon May 16 22:54:30 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone and Everypig -

The discussion about grass reminded me that the cat grass I get at the Guinea Pig Weed 'n' Feed is pretty awesome 4 tha piggz.

I've got a couple of different brands, but the one that comes to mind is Cosmic Kitty cat grass (or some such).  It's a little plastic dish - you poke holes in the bottom, load it with dirt and vermiculite and seeds (all supplied) and then put it in a shallow dish and water it.  Keep watching and watering when necessary.

Our place has a northern window only and it grows just dandy.  After a few days, it's very green and lush and you just shear it off and serve to piggies.  Smells nice, too.  I think it's wheat grass and maybe barley (???)

A solution for those that don't have access to a nice field or their own garden.  :-)

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca
and Taffy in mem