[Gpdd] health: sonic pest thing, etc.

Chizeck, Susan P chizeck at utdallas.edu
Tue May 17 15:40:43 EDT 2005

I would not use those sonic pest control machines around guinea pigs.
They make a very high pitched noise that would probably disturb the
piggies a lot.  I am one of the few humans who can often hear them, or
sometimes just get terrible headaches when I'm near them.  I bet it
would give a piggie a bad headache too, as they can hear up to 30,000
hertz I think I read.

Also the piggie with dragging legs:  give them Vitamin C and calcium and
that may fix them right up.  Gurney is usually right on these things,
and you won't be giving it forever.  The vet should have known these
things as it has happened often on the list, so it can't be that
unusual.

Susan P. Chizeck,