[Gpdd] misc.-ultrasonic things

rzm.2 at juno.com rzm.2 at juno.com
Tue May 17 21:26:47 EDT 2005

Hi all! 1st off I would like to extend my sympathies to Sherry. I am sorry your Cinnamon had to go. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
I also have a story about those ultrasonic thingers. I have a friend who had gotten a piggie and when she brought the piggie home it was acting real crazy and upset. At 1st we thought it was just because the piggie was having anxiety about it's new home. Well several days later I went there and was just sitting there looking around and saw this thing plugged in one of her outlets. I went over to see what it was and immediately yanked it out of the socket and yelled "what the heck are you trying to do to that poor pig?!" Not trying to be mean, just more of a panic thing! It had a switch on the side that you can switch back and forth between ultra sonic on and off. I know cause I have the exact same one at home!I turned it off and almost immediately he calmed right down. Poor piggie probably thought his little head was gonna explode! The brand of ultra sonic thinger is called "PestContro 1000" there's a switch on the side that lets you turn off the ultra sonic so it's safe around rodents. It tells you this on the package too. It keeps bugs away nicely and I put tape over the switch so it never accidently gets turned on. The kind without the switch is probably not safe around rodents I would imagine.
Take care to people & piggies!