[Gpdd] Silly: Fans line up for Star Wars epic

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 19 10:11:45 EDT 2005

Fans line up for Star Wars epic
Thursday, May 19, 2005 Posted: 7:02 AM EDT (1102 GMT)

var clickExpire = "06/18/2005";
NEW YORK (AP) -- Many Star Wars friends had a pact: When the sixth and final "Star Wars" movie came out they'd be there, on opening night.

Legions of fans showed up for midnight showings of "Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith,"  "Regardless of knowing what's going to happen, you still get that excitement, outside, appropriately enough, the AMC Empire 25 Theatre in Times Square.                                  Sold-out showings of "Episode III," the final installment  drew enthusiastic crowds to      theaters across the country -- many dressed in full "Star Wars" regalia with Jedi light      sabers at the ready.  Fans described the excitement in the theater "like a party on        opening night and that's why we're going back in."                                                        Similar scenes played out nationwide ahead of the opening. People waiting for days              and in some cases weeks could hardly contain themselves as the clock wound down Wednesday night.

One theatre saw a huge outpouring of tiny trekkies, all in costume . . . or were they? Could these have been actual aliens from other galaxies?  Among the throng we recognized Captain Tribble and Lokai, as well as Ranger Zathras from Babylon 5.  Chants of " We live for the carrot.  We die for the carrot." could be heard.
In Los Angeles, the line stretched around the block for the midnight showing . A group of cloaked youngsters watched previous "Star Wars" movies on a computer as they sat on the sidewalk. "It's one of my favorite things, like electricity, fire, medicine," Miller, dressed as Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn,   Even his Yorkie, Zoe, had a "Star Wars" patch.