[Gpdd] Health--Smudge's vet visit

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 20 11:16:26 EDT 2005

I took Smudge to the vet to get the wart-like thing that is above his nose checked out.  Pieces fall off but it never completely goes away.  My vet agreed that it was a wart.  He gave me a topical ointment to try.  He says if it doesn't clear up, he can remove it.  He says it's nothing to worry about.  Smudge weighed in at 2.08 lbs.  He doesn't miss any meals.  My vet was amazed he was eating fresh mint.  I brought some with me to settle him down.  I also took the opportunity to have all of his nails trimmed.  He only lets me get one at a time, so I never get them done.
Smudge doesn't mind riding in a vehicle.  I put him in one of those "guinea pig" cages pet stores sell with his waffle house, so he feels secure.  He has traveled to Maine from CT with me and did fine.
Has anyone on the list had a pig with a wart?

Moxie, Nexus, and Smudge
God Bless America
In God We Trust