[Gpdd] CARE: WATER BOTTLES

Sherri & Woody woodruff at peaknet.net
Sat May 21 14:55:29 EDT 2005

Greetings all you wonderful GPDD:

I too have two piggies that love to play with their water bottles.  I have had to quit using the bottles with the loose metal ball, Frazzle will sit under her water bottle prop her front feet up on the ledge of the cage and push the ball up with her tongue and stand there while the water runs down her chin and tummy.  Frazzle happens to be a long haired GP, so long hair plus water and all I have to say is YUCK.  I love the bottles that you fill from the top they do not leak and yes I have started using that type!  Now Teddy Bear has managed to get the water to run out of his water bottle and has caused his case to flood, I haven't caught him to see exactly how he does this, but I think he gets it from Mamma Frazzle.  I have found a great solution to leaky water bottles, reptile food/water dishes, they are wonderful!  I found the best ones at Petco, they are flat across the top (easy for piggies to stand on, not high or deep like a regular food bowl) they look like stone, have a little depth to catch any water and are flat v-shaped on two sides so easy placement for in the corner.   So now all I have to do is check the reptile dish, dump any water wipe out and put back in cage, cages stay dry so I have a lot less clean up due to runny water bottles.  I am working on a solution to the Piggies that pee and stay in the same spot, I have a beautiful long haired pure white piggies that does this so she is not so pure white in the bottom area.  I'll share as soon as I get this accomplished.

Sherri, Mamma Frazzle, Teddy Bear and Cottonball.
www.heaven2earth.blinkz.com
www.ohio2illinoi.blinkz.com