[Gpdd] Health: HELP! GPs need to gain weight

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 12:43:43 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Six more piggies came to me from Animal Control on Friday and they are so horribly skinny they should have their own segment on Animal Precinct! There is papa, Orson, mama, Kendall, and four baby girls Fiona, Morgan, Brenna, and Elodie. Kendall is pregnant again and I think Brenna is too, but they are just so skinny!!

They also have patches of hair missing so I treated them for parasites and gave them a neem oil bath (plus their white fur was so yellow it was disgusting). Little Morgan also has a sore on her "hoo-hoo" which I am assuming is from being housed on soaking wet nasty bedding.

So what do we know about high-calorie-nutrient-dense food? Critical care? Can pigs have avocados?

I am still trying to tempt my poor sick Guinness into eating also so please help! What has worked for you guys when your babies were sick and didn't want to eat? He still drinks his water and I have been spiking it with juice.

Thanks!
Lisa and the recently expanded (again) gang at Wheeks and Squeaks.