[Gpdd] Misc: water bottles

keneeto keneeto at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 21:46:27 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm glad to read that I am not the only one with water
bottle woes. No
matter what type of water bottle I used , there would
be water spillage
in the cage.  My bored piggies would drink sometimes
for 15 minutes
sessions while rattling their bottle the entire time.
The sound alone
and not to mention the excess water waste (& pee)
tended to get on my
nerves.  To soak up the spillage I did use a brick
size chuck of wood
which absorbed the water well and dried out between
dousings.

Now my three little piglets only use a water bottle
when I'm away and
they stay over with the critter sitters.  At home I
now use this bowl
made by Castlemere Creations. I bought it on discount
at Ross Dress for
Less for about $3.99 it's here listed on Petsmart as:
Urban Paws 6"
Round Bowl - 2 Cups

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441781145&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025790&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1116897626582#belowFold

I like the wide lip on the top edge of the bowl which
allows for the
piggies to comfortably stand on while they dip to sip
the water. With
the bowl they only drink for a minute or two. No more
marathon guzzling
as with the water bottle.  So no more excess water
mess or excess pee
mess and no more constant bottle rattling.

Good luck everyone,

-Kennito and the Mae sisters
(Macie Mae, Bessie Mae and little Kittie Mae)