[Gpdd] Health: GP's not eating

DunxUK at aol.com DunxUK at aol.com
Tue May 24 12:25:41 EDT 2005

I have found that if there is one thing to tempt a really sick piggy  back to
food, its bread in milk. One pig we rescued from "loving" owners, was  just
skin and bones, he would not look at broccoli, carrots, or guinea pig food.
The owner said his bowels had not moved in a long time. I was putting everything
 I could think of infornt of him, but nothing tempted him, until the bread
and  milk. I took one slice of white bread, took off the crusts, cut it into
small  pieces, and put it on a saucer. I then covered the lot in skimmed milk. It
went  down a treat, and after a day of this his bowels started to move, I did
put some  critical care on top once I knew he was eating it too. Within 2
weeks apart form  being a little smaller, you would not have known how ill he
was. He lived  another 2 years, and passed away quietly in his sleep. I would not
advise cows  milk if piggie is eating something, as it can mess up their
tiolet routine  (literally!!) but just to get them going, I have found nothing
better, and I  have found no side effects from it either.
I really hope this helps,
Lisa and the scottish Piggie Clan