[Gpdd] Behavior: Chirping

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 26 11:22:01 EDT 2005

Hi Y'all!
Once again this magical subject comes up. For those new to the Wonderful
World of Piggies, this is something very special not all of us are blessed with.
This morning at 4 am I was awakened by the sound of a bird chirping in the
room (of course, by now I knew it wasn't a bird at all, but a piggie!). I watched
in the near darkness until I determined it was Buster, softly singing to his
sweetie, Bonnie next door. This went on for several minutes, I think he is
smitten!
Of course, I also like the theory that this is their way of communicating with
the Mother Ship . . .  for anyone who hasn't heard this before (or wants to
hear it again), and read what Peter Gurney has to say about it, check out
http://guinealynx.info/behavior.html   (click on "Nina Chirping").
Beautiful music!
(now don't be surprised when you tell your friends your guinea pig can sing!)

Susi and the Okie Piggies
okie-piggies.blinkz.com