[Gpdd] Misc: Re: rex and teddy pigs.

ADCAVY at aol.com ADCAVY at aol.com
Thu May 26 16:43:57 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I breed rex and teddy pigs and yes they are genetically very  different.
This becomes obvious when breeding a rex to a teddy. This  mating  gives smooth
short haired babies , no rexoid type hair occurs.

My teddies have  short plush coats with all the hairs standing up  straight.
In rexes I find the coat is crimped but the hairs are not quite  as upright as
the teddy. The difference can be seen best when they are groomed  for the
show table.

It is easy to get them confused at first.as most people think they are the
same breed. A teddy in the US is a teddy in the Uk. And rexes are rexes
everywhere.

If you live in the Uk why not visit the Rare Variety Cavy Club website for
more information.

Best Wishes to all slaves,

Antoinette.