[Gpdd] Health: BUGS!

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 23:47:59 EDT 2005

You know it is pretty easy to talk about lice and how to treat them but when I actually see them wriggling around on one of my babies I completely freaked out!

I picked up Kenzie to check her out because she is enormously pregnant and I feel her pelvic bone to gauge how much further we have to go (about another week to week and a half). She is an agouti and white crested but her crest is agouti. Well there were BUGS in her crest! So she got a spontaneous Neem Oil shampoo bath which is not exactly the same as using the straight up oil which I will be buying tomorrow. But I am thinking that I will need to treat my whole herd just in case so I am thinking about the Advantage route just because bathing all 23 of them is really not feasible. Do you just use the smallest kitten dose? I am having a hard time finding documentation to take to my vet so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Then I can swing up there tomorrow and pick some up. These are the perks of having your sister work at the clinic and the clinic also be an emergency hospital. I can get whatever I need whenever I need it and for that I am
 especially grateful!

I have the heebie-jeebies now! I HATE bugs!

Thanks again!
Lisa and my gang at Wheeks and Squeaks