[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT/ CARE: Sunflower seeds

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Tue Nov 1 17:51:47 EST 2005

I have been trying to catch up on my reading and have at last made it to Issue #34 (my computer was giving me trouble for so long - its fixed finally).  I wanted to comment on feeding your piggies sunflower seeds.  I've been separating them from the feed it comes in and as a treat I take the time to crack open the covering and hand feed them the meat from inside it.  The love it.  I don't them choking on the shells.  I guess this is one of those ultimate slave tasks.

I also have some sad news.  My angel crossed the bridge just before Christmas.  I miss her so much.  She loved to crawl up on my shoulder under my blouse and go to sleep.  She was my delicate little lady.  Tigger and her were so romantic together.  I know that he misses her.  Stinky has a new name:  Pooh Girl.  I have a new little lady named Almond Joy and PG was so mean to her at first.  She would bite so many times and caused her to bleed at least 3 times.  After I changed PG's name she seemed to change her personality.  They get along so well now.  AL was given to me by a friend who knew a little girl who had find homes for all her piggies because she wasn't taking care for them very well.  She is showing me in little ways that she is feeling safe.  It has taken quite awhile after her traumatic beginning.  She is finally coming up with Tigger and PG to get her share of treats.  She looked almost white when I first got her but she seems to be getting darker (almost a gray) as she has gotten older.

We send condolences to those who have lost a little one and healing prayers to those who are not feeling well.  I look forward to catching up on my digest and how everyone is doing.

Mary (mom to Tigger, Pooh Girl, Almond Joy and remembering Angel, Buddy, Squirt and Stretch)