[Gpdd] [GPPD] Bridge: Pixie

Roberta Kjesrud windpixie47 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 12:11:47 EST 2005

I am coming out of lurkdom to share my loss.  My
beloved Pixie crossed over on Sunday evening after 5.5
years of zestful living.  She went very quickly.  I
think she had heart failure because she had very slow
and labored breathing that sounded crackly.  I was
just getting ready to take her to the emergency vet
when I stopped to pet her and give her some
encouragement to hang in there.  I felt her heart stop
and the life go out of her body.  I am so grateful to
have been with her at the end.  She deserved to die in
the arms of the one who loved her best. What I can't
figure out is how a two-pound critter can leave such a
large hole in my heart.

Pixie was my hell-on-wheels pig.  All day while I was
at work, she plotted mischief, and all evening during
free range time, she implemented it.  She could
literally swarm a room.  Even just a couple of months
ago, she had me and my husband turning over couches
and chasing her till we all collapsed in an exhausted
heap.  That episode made me decide to build her a play
pen.  I included lots of bells and whistles, but Pixie
would have none of it.  Every time she was let loose
in the play pen, she crawled into a towel and
sulked--for hours.  The standoff continued for about a
week.  I finally gave up.  But we established a truce.
 Pixie magnanimously agreed to run into her cage when
it became obvious I wanted her to.  And I agreed not
to catch her and not to insult her with that @#$% play
pen ever again.

All you slaves out there who still have piggies, will
you please give them a cuddle in Pixie's honor?
Thanks!

Roberta
Slave to Pixie, Izzie, and Cocoa - all crossed over