[Gpdd] Baby piggie noises

Nancie Wight nancie at airborne-e.com
Fri Nov 4 18:02:53 EST 2005

Hi,
I am the proud parent of a new hairless piggie who I brought home 5 days
ago.
She is apparently 6 weeks old and seems pretty healthy- alert, good
appetite! Etc.

The last two days she has started getting quite vocal. I am reading all
about the different noises but still can¹t quite discern the differences.
The problem is she is making these noises at 4 and 5 am and waking up the
house. Last night I realized she had no food in her cage so assume this is
the cause. But today, even with food in her cage she is still pretty vocal.
Seems like what you all call ³wheeking² and is quite high pitched. it is
certainly not the same sound she makes when she is in my lap and I scratch
her. (that¹s more a purr/rumble) Is she lonely or scared? Will this settle
down?

Also, the pet store did not advise us that it is better to keep two female
piggies so they keep each other company. I wish I had known this. I really
can only have one in my home-is this a problem? Or if she gets daily
attention will it be ok? We want to do right by her ­ not us!

Thanks all.

njw