[Gpdd] Misc--Emma

DEB GANLEY debg43 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 23:52:10 EST 2005

Thanks to Dana for the nice note about Emma's surgery--I just caught up on my GPDD reading after being involved this week with Emma, I didn't know Dana put the situation out there  --Aunt Dana is a life-saver, we depend on her for her great advice, everytime anything happens around here.  I meant to put Emma's upcoming surgery out on the GPDD--but was too spastic & terrified about the situation to do it.  It didn't sound good, from what the vet told me--could have been some kind of lymphatic growth situation.

I'm thrilled to report that Emma's lumps were no big deal--the path report came back negative, they're lipomas, the same non-cancerous lumps that Potter has--so we don't have to go any further with Emma's lumps.   Dr Hughes was enourmously relieved to give us the good news also--he was expecting the worst for Emma.  She's recovering very well--poor girl was totally stoned from the anesthesia & post-op pain meds for the first 24 hours post-op, but she's fine now--back to her own sweet self.  I didn't like to see her that way (Potter was raring to go after her 2 surgeries & ate for 6 hours straight!) but Emma is tiny & everything affected her differently.  I had a real little patient on my hands, but she ate a little so I knew she was ok.  Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma