[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR

Megan Gladney byrne51250 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 23:45:57 EST 2005

Hi all - I just had a question regarding piggie behaviour. I've just
introduced Phylo to the wonderful world of cardboard boxes with holes cut in
them. I placed one in his cage to see if he would play with it or enjoy
hiding in it (I was thinking about getting him a pigloo), and low and
behold, he was absolutely terrified of the thing. However, after a day of
having the hidey-hole box in his cage, he won't come out of it! He lets me
reach into the box to pet him down, but he usually runs away from the rest
of my family and just hides in his box, peeping out at them when they
approach his cage. He used to be such a social little pig and I'm afraid
that this has made him into a bit of a hermit. Should I stop giving him
hidey-hole boxes?

Megan, Jerry and an antisocial Phylo