[Gpdd] Health,euthansia

Elizabeth Loiselle biffyl at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 14:18:08 EST 2005

Bethany,I am sorry to hear about Precious. Can you talk to your vet and
ask him if he can take out the stones by laser? You probably don't want
to put her through surgery. Or see if there is another pain med to try
as that one is not working. You could also get another opinion if there
are other guinea pig doctors around. When I had Triskit ( and a couple
of my cats) put to sleep it was done by injection. I was able to stay
with them and hold them as they drifted off. Other that the actual shot
their death is painless and peaceful.I know it is a very hard decision
Best of luck in whatever you decide. All of us here and Precious will
know whatever you do it will be out of love and what you feel is the
best thing to do.
Elizabeth L.