[Gpdd] [MISC] Getting college credit for guinea pig stories

Melissa Taylor allcreatures at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:10:40 EST 2005

Being a guinea pig fanatic can pay off!

I've been a long-time college student due to health issues. After writing
and illustrating a couple of 220-page guinea pig storybooks, I wondered if I
could possibly get credit for doing something like that. It turns out my
college will accept me writing an additional book as a course and even grant
four credits for it! I'm thrilled since I already love writing these books.
Now I will be writing and actually getting rewarded for it.

It's neat to know our love of guinea pigs can pay off in a way we never
thought of before. So, technically, I guess I will be taking a guinea pig
class at my college. :)

I thought this might be a fun idea to post for anyone who is also trying to
obtain a college degree. It could be your college would grant you credit for
writing, say, a guinea pig care book, or painting a mural of guinea pigs.
It's always worth a try! :)

Melissa
(and piggies Henna, Roo, Kiwi, and Fern)