[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Sabrina crossed over

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 19:44:18 EST 2005

I got home from work just as Sabrina died tonight. I
heard her last breath. She would only eat lettuce last
night and this morning just a little piece. I think
she had renal failure because she had been drinking a
lot of water. She did not have any glucose in her
urine, so it just must have been her kidneys.

Sabrina had an enlarged heart, she kept forming
bladder stones, and she was in remission from
diabetes. She would have been 5 years old next month.
I am actually surprised she had this long of a life
with all her health problems. She stayed happy and
alert almost until the end though. I am glad she did
not suffer long and that I did not have to put her to
sleep.

Sabrina was a beautiful solid black Abyssian. She was
a birthday present from my husband. She was so tiny
and scared. She went up my coat sleeve and ran all the
way around and down the other sleeve on the way home.
She was the only pig that I have that was bought. The
other seven are rescues.

I had Sabrina trained to put her front paws in my hand
when I said "step up." Then I put my other hand under
her to lift her out of the cage. She did this last
night when I got her out to feed her lettuce. I let
her eat two whole leaves because I knew she did not
have long to live. She felt very light, old, and
fragile. It was a real treat for her. I had cut the
lettuce down when she started forming stones. I even
let her have some of the crunchies out of the hamster
food. She really loved those!!! She was so smart. She
knew a lot of words and I will miss her very much.

Dawnda Stricklen

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com