[Gpdd] [CARE] Babies and their daddy

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 04:10:41 EST 2005

Laura

Congratulations on your new arrivals - aren't baby piglets utterly
adorable?! Your 9 year old is absolutely right though - you need to get their  daddy
out of there immediately, or you will soon have the patter of more tiny  paws -
in fact, you may already be too late!!

Put the daddy in a cage right beside his family so he can still see them,
and they him. As soon as the babies are 3 weeks old, you need to sex them, and
if there are any boys, move them in with their dad whilst they are still
young,  and move the male cage well away from the mum so they can't smell females.
Alternatively, you could have daddy pig castrated, but he would need to stay
away from mummy pig for 3 weeks after his operation to be sure he could not
impregnate her again.

Here's hoping you are not too late!!

Debbie and her Dolly Mixtures

"The animal  shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete
than ours they  move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the
senses we have lost or  never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren,  they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught
with ourselves in the  net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour
and travail of the  earth".

Henry Beston