[Gpdd] Announcement: A new member of the family

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:38:36 EST 2005

Hi all,
 I've been putting this off because I didn't want to admit, entirely, that
Sam was gone. However, I realize it's unfair to our newest member.
 Right before Sam's second surgery, my husband and I decided to start
fostering. Since it was our first time we only brought one home. Anyway, a
couple of days after Sam crossed over to the Bridge we introduced this
newbie to Rosie. We were very concerned about her becoming depressed if she
were to be an only pig. We weren't ready for a new pig, but that didn't
matter to me. I didn't want to worry about her.
 So, we have a new member of the family. His name is Charlie and he's such a
cutie. He's definitely a cuddly type pig although he has his rambunctious
moments on floor time. He's starting to come out of his shell as our
relationship develops. He's running from me less and sniffing around me
more. he even has given me a couple of piggy kisses! That excites me. I hold
him every night and give him lots of love so he doesn't believe that I'm
going to eat him. He's so skinny though! I have to fatten this boy up. I
gave him a bath last weekend and when he was wet he looked so anorexic. Most
of his body is made up of fur.
 Rosie really likes the new guy. He's not very pushy with her. Since she's a
cuddly pig too, they get along great. I've found them sleeping together
under the same cuddle cup at night, but only at night. during the day, they
hang out separately. I'm kind of glad for that. This way I don't have to
worry about keeping the heat up high enough over the winter to keep them
warm. They do it themselves!
 So another piggy has now found a forever home. We'll cuddle him lots and
stuff him until he can't eat anymore. He could use it!
 piggy kisses,
Maren, Rosie, and Charlie
Remembering Sam, waiting at the Bridge