[Gpdd] Brand New Guinea Pig

Gina Weaver mybluemoon76 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 12:56:20 EST 2005

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site and have recently acquired a new guinea pig. He is my only and his name is Sir Piggy. He is very precious! I am concerned, however, because he is also very skittish. When I hold him it takes a long time for him to even calm down enough to accept fresh greens and, when he does calm down, the slightest noise such as the air conditioner kicking on or the telephone sends him back into a panic. I was hoping all of you experienced cavy slaves could help with some tips on socializing him. Also, how much time should I be spending holding him every day? Can you hold them too much?

Thanks for your help...

Gina