[Gpdd] [HEALTH] C.J.'s Surgery

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:54:44 EST 2005

Greetings to our friends at GPDD,

     First of all, we would like to offer our heartfelt condolences to all
who have recently lost a beloved piggie friend. There seems to have been so
many in recent months. Having lost 4 piggie pals this year, we understand
how much it hurts. Thankfully, we have our precious memories to help get us
through when we are missing our fur babies so much.
     It seems like we've had one thing right after another with our piggie
pals this year. This past Tuesday, C.J. had surgery to remove a large mass
from beneath his lower jaw. He seems to be recuperating nicely at this
time...he is eating and drinking almost normally. I say ' almost normally '
because he had his incisors filed down while he was under anesthesia, and he
has trouble now biting off pieces of carrot. Otherwise he seems to be doing
well. He turned four years old on September 16th, and so we were worried
about his having to undergo surgery. But it had to be done because this
tumor grew so fast...it at least doubled in size from the time I took him to
the vet to have it checked out, till the time, one month later, that it was
removed. I have' before and after' pigtures of him on the website, if anyone
would like to see them. He has a large incision that we are taking care of
and which seems to be healing nicely.  The poor fellow was also found to
have cataracts in both eyes...one worse than the other, and a lipoma on his
chest. This has been there for a while and has shown no signs of getting
larger, so the vet decided to leave it alone for now. They also found a
small calcification in his mammary area which I understood to be of no
significance. Flick also had one of these, but it has always remained small
and I understand that as long as they remain that way  they are harmless. So
much going on for such a little fellow! We are, as usual, just taking it one
day at a time and cherishing each day that we have together. He is such a
loving little guy...I just hope that he's going be okay.

With healing thoughts for other piggie friends who may not be feeling well,
Sherry and the piggie pals
www.piggiepals4u.blinkz.com