[Gpdd] [gpdd] health: lice

Roberta Kjesrud windpixie47 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 13:59:26 EST 2005

One of my pigs picked up lice without being around any
other animals.  I think she got them from the hay.  It
was the only thing I could figure out.  Anyway, they
are easy to get rid of.  Use Neem Oil!  You can
usually find it in a health food store because it is
used in cosmetics.  It is also used in flavoring Asian
food.  And it is an insecticide (isn't that weird?).
You should use part neem oil and part carrier oil and
apply it to your piggie's fur.  Peter Gurney has some
more instructions on his website.  It works a treat!

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/skinp.htm

Roberta
Cocoa, Izzie, Pixie--in memory