[Gpdd] HEALTH: Our vet visit (Silky and Sooty) - Butorphanol

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:01:39 EST 2005

Bethany, apologies for this being so hurried - I am running
late for an appointment - but I wanted to send this note
to you before I left for the day.

I use Butorphanol for Mollie and it comes in liquid form.
They have it right at the vet's office ( I don't have to go
to a pet pharmacy or order it) and I syringe it into Mollie's
little mouth without any problems at all.  I believe that it is
pretty common (the liquid from) because I was also able
to get it from the local vet one weekend when my exotics
vet was out of town.

I hope you will be able to find it in liquid form, and I am
keeping you and your little ones in my heart and thoughts.

Candy; Topper and Mollie; and X

By the way, they changed Precious' pain medicine to Butorphanol -- only
comes in tablets. I've been disolving it in bottled water with some
sugar and syringing it... is there a better way to get a pill into a
pig? I think it is finally helping her a little, and she doesn't seem
sedated at all.

Bethany and the troubled trio of
Precious, Silky, and the soon-to-be-slimmer Sooty