[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Song on the Death of a Piggie

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 15:37:23 EST 2005

Candy

I know I've already submitted one sad song for the Piggie Songbook, but as
you may have read, my daughter's piggie, Red Dandy, went to The Bridge today,
and this song came into my head whilst I was out walking my dogs and thinking
about him.

PIGGIE FUNERAL HYMN (to tune of "Abide with Me")

Your time has come, the Rainbow's calling you;
On Earth you've done all that you had to do.
Now comes the end to suffering and pain -
Farewell, my love, until we meet again.

Run free and popcorn in those meadows sweet,
Wheeking with joy at old friends that you meet.
You'll always have a place within my heart,
Though you won't see me we wobn't be apart.

Dear little one, I bid you go in peace;
You know my love for you will never cease.
Wait at that Rainbow Bridge a little while,
'Til all together we can cross in style.