[Gpdd] Health: Our Vet Visit (Silky and Sooty)

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 19:05:31 EST 2005

egads. Sounds like a real trial at the vet for everyone, Bethany!!!

If you go to _http://www.guinealynx.info/forums_
(http://www.guinealynx.info/forums)   and join the online forum, you can do a search for Cushings Disease.
You will  see a lot of posts. It is not unheard of in guinea pigs. You can
also post once  you have joined, too.

I always use a mortar and pestle to grind pills, but you don't have to if
you don't have one. Just drop the pill in 1cc of JUICE in a bowl and walk away.
After 10 minutes, its totally dissolved. Pills just do not dissolve well in
water at all. After 10 minutes, mix it around with the syringe tip and suck it
 in. You may need to add juice to get to 1cc depending on what the size of
the  pill is.

With that being said, and after a few months of doing that, I invested in a
mortar and pestle. They are cheap, last forever,  and are well worth it.  That
and a pill cutter.

Butorphanol is a heavy duty pain med. Its good stuff.

Judi  Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Round Hill, VA
_http://www.mgpr.org_ (http://www.mgpr.org/)