[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear Update...

Mcneil, Leah CIV N81-BRANCH leah.mcneil at navy.mil
Wed Nov 16 11:35:47 EST 2005

Hello Slaves!
It seems like so many of our little ones
are ailing these days. I just want you to
know that I'm Praying for each and every
one of our babies to get better. And that
whee continue to do what we can for our
little friends.

Yesterday morning, Miss Brownie Bear
had some bladder sludge on her little
couchie. So, I cleaned her off and hoped
to God that one of those stones was in
the mix. I asked Daddy Slave if he heard
her cry when she urinated yesterday, and
he said he didn't. And I didn't hear her cry
either last night. Then, this morning, she
didn't cry. So, I am Praying that that is a
good sign. She did still look uncomfortable,
so I know that she probably still has stone(s)
in there, but at least she seemed like it was
feeling better down there.

JoAnn, Thank You for writing about the
Vit C in the Stone Digest. I was giving her
25 mg a day (Oxbow tablets). The thing is--
I'm starting to think that the Vit C could be
the Culprit. Because, remember back a year
ago, B-Bear's back legs were acting funny.
And at that point, I was not giving Vit C
supplements. So, I started giving her some
daily...and her legs got better. But, then
everytime I stopped the Vit C, her back
legs would start acting up again. So, eventually,
I just put her back on the Vit C daily. And now,
I'm wondering if that was the wrong thing to do.
I know, I know, I'll take my own advice and not
try to blame myself, but I can't help but think
that maybe I did this to Brownie Bear. :-(

So, I haven't given BB any extra Vit C since
Sunday. And I'm keeping a close eye on those
back legs. Maybe 25mg a day is just too much
Vit C for her, and maybe I should only give her
the supplement once or twice a wheeek (???).
So, once again a new experiment begins...Sigh!

But, anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know
that my Bear is doing Okay and that she does not
appear to be sickly, so I am Thankful for that. She
is still running around being her normal Sassy self.

Since we are moving to Charlotte during Christmas
wheeeek, I decided not to do the bladder stone
surgery in December. Well, actually, Blaine is
moving first, and we're moving most of our stuff
that wheeek. But, the piggies and I aren't moving
until the end of January. So, after I get back from
Charlotte (on Jan 2), then I'm going to have the
bladder stone surgery done on Brownie Bear, if
she doesn't pass the stone(s). That way, if she
pulls through, then I'll have almost a whole month
to help her recuperate before whee move the piggies
down to Charlotte.

Oh geez, I don't want to even think about surgery.
But, I have to.

Again, Thanks for all of the warm wishes for my
Bear. Wheeeeeeee really appreciate it!!

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeps,
          Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and
                                        Butterscotch :-)