[Gpdd] [health] corn on cob for diarrhrea

Vicki Batsford vicki_batsford at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:58:44 EST 2005

I've been reading the Cavy Compendium for a while now and this guy
volunteered this info below and i thought it would b very useful for
everyone to know and he agreed i should pass it on! so here it is!

"When Wicker had diarrhea, I had him at the vet. I was talking to her about
the acidolpholus I had given him, Critical Care, hay, etc.

She gave me a funny look and said, just to give him a corn with the husks. I
didnt agree at first because I thought you werent supposed to give a piggy
with diarrhea any veggies.

However, I did, and it cleared up within an hour! I have done this twice now
and it has worked! I havent had to touch the acidolpholus; so now I swear by
a complete corn cob for this."

Vicki