[Gpdd] Health: Phylo's Vet Visit

Megan Gladney byrne51250 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:05:44 EST 2005

Hi everyone and every pig! Phylo has just gotten back from his first visit
to the vet - Dr. H. DeZeeuw, to be exact. :) (He's told Phylo he can call
him Dr. D. for short. Hee!) He was fantastic. I knew from the minute he
picked Phylo up that he knew exactly what he was doing with piggies. It
turned out that we were right, it was lice, and he gave me some Ivermectin
to give him - one dose every two weeks until all the crawlies are gone.
Phylo got his first taste of Ivermectin at the office, which he didn't like
too much, but he was back to eating hay again as soon as we put him back in
his carrying box. He's going to love me when he figures out that there are
three more doses coming! :P He also wasn't happy when he almost made friends
with the two verrrrry large cats that live at the vet's office. They have
the roam of the place, so when Dr. D. left the door open while he went to
get the other syringes full of Ivermectin, both of them marched straight
into the examining room and were staring at the box we had Phylo in! Poor
piggie wasn't impressed with that or with the loud barking of the two black
Labrador Retrievers who had an appointment before him.

Anywho, all's well that ends well! We're relieved that it's nothing too
serious and there's a lovely easy-to-give cure. Thanks for everyone's
support and advice!

Megan and Phylo.