[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Song on the Death of a Piggie

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:45:07 EST 2005

Debbie - please forgive my belated response to your beautiful
and touching "Piggie Funeral Hymn".  I sang through the entire
song as I read it and got a big ol' lump in my throat and tears in
my eyes.  It is just perfect for sending a little one on his or her
way to the Bridge with love and sadness and hope for that day
when we will meet them again.  Thank you, thank you, thank
you for sending it in.  It is obvious that you loved Red Dandy
dearly and this song is a beautiful way to honor and remember
him.

Please don't apologize for having already sending a song in and
then sending another.  Keep on sending them!!!  :)  The more
songs we have for the book, the better it will be.

I continue to encourage all of you to send in your piggie songs -
long or short - funny or sad - sweet or silly (or both!)....  all of
them are wonderful.

Thanks again, Debbie for sharing your song with us.

Love to all,

Candy; Topper and Mollie; and X
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I've already submitted one sad song for the Piggie Songbook,
but as you may have read, my daughter's piggie, Red Dandy, went to
The Bridge today, and this song came into my head whilst I was out
walking my dogs and thinking about him.

PIGGIE FUNERAL HYMN (to tune of "Abide with Me")

Your time has come, the Rainbow's calling you;
On Earth you've done all that you had to do.
Now comes the end to suffering and pain -
Farewell, my love, until we meet again.

Run free and popcorn in those meadows sweet,
Wheeking with joy at old friends that you meet.
You'll always have a place within my heart,
Though you won't see me we wobn't be apart.

Dear little one, I bid you go in peace;
You know my love for you will never cease.
Wait at that Rainbow Bridge a little while,
'Til all together we can cross in style.