[Gpdd] [CARE] What SHOULD guinea pigs eat?

Anne Giles agiles at tampaprep.org
Fri Nov 18 12:30:05 EST 2005

What should we feed our new guinea pig Buddy and his pal?  (Buddy is
almost two years old, a male, about to begin a  slow introduction to a
male companion just weaned.  Buddy's basic diet is  Cavy Cuisine, timothy
hay and orchard grass.)  I have consulted books and web sites and online
enthusiasts and vets and guinea pig food suppliers about whether or not to
feed guinea pigs fresh vegetables and, if so, which ones.  I have heard
everything from no to yes, from a little broccoli to no broccoli, to one
cup of a variety per day, to one finger length equivalent per day.  Help!
I want to do right by Buddy and friend.  I would welcome more advice!

Thanks,
Anne