[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear Update

Mcneil, Leah CIV N81-BRANCH leah.mcneil at navy.mil
Mon Nov 21 18:12:29 EST 2005

Hey ya'll!
It's me, again. I just wanted to update
everyone on Miss Sassiness. Well, I
finished up the round of Baytril last Friday,
and now, I've got her on Lasix (twice daily)
until this Friday. And I'm giving her Shilintong
(2 tablets daily). We have Brownie Bear
Power Hour every night (oh, for those who
don't know--that's when I syringe her lots
of water for an entire hour...with pee breaks
of course!). Oh yeah, and I give her 2-3
drops of Metacam (for pain) daily.

I've seen some blood on the towel, which
I am HOPING that that means that she is
passing the bladder stones. She is still
uncomfortable and sometimes whines when
she urinates, so I know she still has some
'demons' in there. I am trying like Crazy to
flush those stones out.

She is running around and acting normal.
So, I know that she is not in pain all the time.
And since I stopped the Vitamin C supplements,
her back legs are acting normal, so I'm keeping
a close eye on them.

Well, that's all for now!!! Hugs 'n Kisses to
all piggies & slaves...

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and
                                   Butterscotch :-)