[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Blondie Babbies update

Birdie Horn birdlonglegs at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 02:20:02 EST 2005

I have more imformation about the loss
  of Blondie's babies and wanted to share
  it with you in hopes that it may help
  someone else. When I took Blondie to
  the vet I was sure that I was going to lose
  her as well. It seemed to be so much
  blood in the cage. However the vet said
  that it was a little larger than normal
  but not that much more. He told me also
  that she had became pregant with 2 the
  time and 2 the second time. The babies
  were not the same age and that perhaps
  is what cause part of the problems. Howerer
  none of them where fully developed and he
  wasn't sure of anything except that she did
  not have anymore babies inside. She had
  a slight bit of bleeding still when I took her
  home but he said that she should be fine
  as long as she ate and drank. She is doing
  much better (and so am I). She is drinking and
  eating and moving around her cage quit well.
  She will even lift her belly up some when I
  try to pick her up. She will allow you to hold her
  and try for a short time but then begins to bite.
  I think this is because she is hurting but
  still wants and needs to be loved. I am
  being extra careful with her and she is
  being quite good for a much as I admagine
  she hurts. I will not leave a male in with another
  pregant female again once I find out that the
  female is pregant. I hope to get my males
  done soon so they can be reunited with
  there "women". With Blondie's trouble with
  the babies, and Little One with her pneuminia
  I do not want either one to become pregant.
  Please be aware that they can become pregant
  with more babies after the intial conseption occurs.
  I had not read or heard of that before. Is this
  new to you as well here or did I just not do enough
  research.
  Thank you for allowing me to share.
  Birdie, slave to Jimmy, Blondie, Spunky,
  and Little One.