[Gpdd] [Health] New pig problems

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 21:52:02 EST 2005

  Hi!  I recently came across a silver/white agouti (my favorite) and of course I couldn't pass her up.

  She (no name yet) has URI symptoms which I promptly gave a small dose of Baytril, she is hopping around on her back legs, could it be vitamin C or calcium deficiency?  I also noticed while checking her teeth, her upper incisors are yellowish.  Anyone know what that may be from.  She is young, barely 10 ounces.  I figure she is about 3 to 4 weeks old.  My vet doesn't come back until Wednesday.

  I gave her hay, fresh veggies, pellets, water and a small cube of alfalfa.  I don't think she has ever had hay or veggies, she seems afraid of them.

  She is a real sweetheart.  When anyone holds her, she'll just lay there and make little purring noises.  She even licked me!

  Anyone have any name ideas?

  By the way, I got my Flintster's ashes back.  He came in a little wooden box etched with flowers and leaves with his ashes in a little black velvet bag.  Of course I cried when I looked at him and read the sympathy card from the cremation place.

  Which reminds me, the girl at the vet's office, she told me the cremation company called and asked about Flint being cremated, he said to her, do you know the guinea pig named Flint, she said yes, he said is this a mistake or is Flint suppose to be cremated?  The vet's office said No, this isn't a mistake, he is to be cremated.  Can you believe that?  I bet they don't question dogs or cats that are to be cremated!

  Wheeks,
  Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the new girl on the block.

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"