[Gpdd] [CARE] Behavioral questions - and a presentation.

Göran Kinnander gorank at home.se
Mon Nov 28 05:40:13 EST 2005

Hi all you piggy lovers!

I am new to this list and this is my first posting. I thought I’d start with
a short presentation of us. I’m Göran and I live with my girlfriend Eva in
Stockholm, Sweden. A little more than a week ago we bought two darling GP
girls, Tova and Lena. They became 2 months old on Nov 22:nd.

They both seem to have settled in very good, showing all signs of feeling
good and safe. We only give them biodynamic and ecological food, hay and
bedding, which is a mix of paper pressed into pellets and wood shavings.

They are used to being handled, and love to jump and run around on our sofa.
Yes, on the sofa! But not to worry, we have a special outdoor potty
identical with the on in the cage – and they started to use it for peeing
almost automatically. They do poop here and there. =) . We spend a lot of
time with them, playing, cuddling and training.

Some days ago one of the girls, Lena, started to rumble and wiggle her
behind. Both when approaching the other girl, Tova, but also by herself in
the cage. Lately Lena does this and directly goes popcorning. She also
displays somewhat dominant behavior towards Tova, chasing her and so.

Now, I’ve read somewhat contradicting comments on the rumbling/wiggling
behavior. Can you guys please help? It’s not that I’m particularly worried,
I’m extremely curious. And of course extremely anxious to do the right
things to our loved ones.

Another short question: When they are on the sofa Lena sometimes sits like a
dog, staring fixed at something and squealing quietly. I’m not really sure
if she’s happy, immersed in deep thoughts *lol* or just longing for the
cage.

All the best and thanks for taking the time reading my ramble.

Göran, Eva, Lena and Tova.