[Gpdd] (Rainbow Bridge) A member of the Squee Squad has passed

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 21:05:19 EST 2005

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Max, one of the Squee Squad's founding members. He had been steadily declining these past few months, and had gotten sick over the Thanksgiving holiday. This morning, I noticed he was having a very hard time moving around and he didn't want to eat very much, so I decided it was time to let him go and called the vet. I was sick all day at work, dreading what I knew needed to be done. He was over 5 years old...but I was hoping that he would be like Prince and have a few more good years under his belt. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was able to sit with him for a while and say my goodbyes after the doctor gave him a sedative, so he knew that I was with him and wouldn't be afraid. He just relaxed and was very peaceful. His cagemate, Oscar, has been looking for him. He keeps poking his head into the pigloo to see if Max is there.
  Goodbye, Max...parting is such sweet sorrow.

  Stacy and the somber Squee Squad