[Gpdd] Care : Cure-"disgusting butt fur"

Laurie-Jean Gombar lj at theurnstudio.com
Sat Oct 1 15:12:49 EDT 2005

Hi!
Still lurking and reading digests.  I was reading that someone's pigger
was ailing of "disgusting butt fur."  My Piglet and Sugar had this until
I trimmmed his fur real short in that area... I would trim his back hair
so it would not drag on the cage floor and trimmed it close to his skin
around his anus and penis.  I would do this either before or after a
bath. (Initially it is easier to trim after a bath.) I would also give
him "butt baths."  Where I would  hold him up so really only his back
half got wet.  The last cure for this ailment is cleaning the cage more
often.  Especially if the pig in question likes to sit in the same spot
as they pee for hours on end.  This is one reason I switched from
newsprint(plain) and pine shavings to towels only.  Towels were just
more absorbant.  I switched them out every day.
LJ  and Walker toddling... At 18 mo.
Walker can pick out a guinea pig in a picture book and makes a wheeking
noise... I kid you not... The only animal noise he mimics... A guinea
pig... The littlest guinea slave.  He also thinks it is halarious when I
wheek like a piggie.