[Gpdd] MISC-Dog food OK for pigs?

Susanna Brodmerkle sqrtcookies at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 16:17:08 EDT 2005

Hi all-I have a piggie that loves my dog's food. Every time I feed him, she's in the closest corner of her cage, acting almost as excited as she does when I get the hay out. My question is-will the occasional piece hurt her? I know that pigs are herbivores and dogs are carnivores... I've been giving her one kibble every 2-3 days, and she really does eat it. (It's Eukanuba Large Breed, if anyone's wondering.) She seems to love it-I have no clue why. My other pigs will smell a piece if offered, but show absolutely no interest in tasting. So-any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me privately, as I am incredibly far behind in my GPDD reading (I'm up to Jan. 15)-and it may take me a while to respond as I don't have a computer. Thanks in advance!

Susanna

UCD Tesoro CGC ASCA CD
BadPig, AuntiePig and the newly aquired RoomiePig

"2nd place is fine, as long as your other horse came in first"-Mike Alumbaugh

The proper response to "Good morning" is not "prove it!"

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...