[Gpdd] [SILLY] Another one for the Piggie Songbook

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 09:45:37 EDT 2005

Try as I might, I can never remember the words to that lovely long song to
the tune of "Irish Eyes"! So this has been developing during the time I spend
with my piggies at greens time - to the tune of John Denver's "Today":

ODE TO MY PIGGIES

Today, while you piggies are chomping your greens,
I think of my love  for you, what it all means;
The most peaceful creatures the world ever  knew,
That's what I think, when I'm sitting here singing to you.

I love how you popcorn, I love how you wheek,
Your shiny fur coats  whether tufty or sleek,
Your sparkling bright eyes and your neat little claws  -
These are the things that a piggie slave like me adores.

You don't have a tail and it's rare that you bite,
Though often you  rumblestrut, rarely you fight,
Your trills are exquisite, your kisses are  sweet,
Gentle like rain is the patter of your tiny feet.

You know Mummy loves you, you're special to me,
With no pigs to cuddle  how lonely I'd be!
I'll never repay all the joy that you bring -
All I can  do, is to care for you, love you and sing!