[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE: New arrival at Wheeks and Squeaks

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 19:17:05 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I first wanted to express my sorrow at the passing of Chewie. I am so sorry and everypig here sends piggy kisses your way...

We had a new arrival at the rescue on Monday. A "stray" pig showed up at the pound and they called me like they usually do. He is a bit of a train wreck, but is already so full of love he melts my heart. I named him Chew-barra, or Chewy, for short (Chewie's mom, I hope that makes you smile just a little in this sad time) because he LOVES to chew the bars much like my Murr-burr did.

He is an orange and white Abby and has a list of health problems, the poor darling. He was so impacted it looked like he had two extra testicles down there. His penis was sealed inside its sheath. He has scurvy and cannot move his hind end currently which leads to daily impactions. He is bone thin (720g). The whites of his eyes are edematous, or swollen for some reason, and we are not sure why. So if anyone has ever seen this, let me know. His ear canals were completely clogged over with goo and he has a yeast infection in both ears. AND, oddly enough, he had cracked one of his front teeth but it had reattached itself somehow. The good news is, his molars are in good shape, his lungs are clear, and his heart sounds good. We are guessing by his molars he may be about 3ish years old.

So with all of this wrong with him, he still is a loving pig. I can hardly believe it. What heart this little guy has! It always amazes me, these little guys....

He is going to stay here at the rescue with me forever. He is old enough to be considered retired, sad to say. It is difficult to adopt out a pig that is a year old much less three. But he will be very well loved here and is on his way to becoming healthy so I am very happy to announce his arrival.

Take care,
Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks
Murr-burr, Mr. Zippy, and Jack from across the Bridge