[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Rusty

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:33:37 EDT 2005

I regret to inform those of you who took the time to email me with all your
terrific suggestions regarding Rusty's UTI that we had to put him to sleep
today. We ended up being referred to an exotic vet with more experience with
guinea pigs, who found out that in addition to his UTI, he had two bladder
stones blocking each side of his ureters. In this case, surgery wasn't a
viable option, especially for an already compromised piggie. Thanks again
for all the help, I learned something new from every one of your emails, and
I hope to make my digest reading more of a regular occurance. I just
realized this week what a great source of information and contacts it really
is. Those of you with piggies with stone problems, feel free to email me
with any suggestions you might have, diet and such, that might help my other
five escape this. I did get a new terrific vet out of it, so maybe Rusty
found a way to help protect his brother and sisters. Again, I appreciate all
of the help and information. If you want to see my little one who has
crossed over, and my other piggies, go see my site at
http://www.pigs2cute.blinkz.com. I plan on updating it tonight, but if you
get there before I do, he's my little blond boy.